Recipe by ellie_
Recipe source: Prevention (Sept. '09)
Top Review by breezermom
I've made a version of this for years, so I knew I'd love it. I'd never sauteed the onions and garlic beforehand....I just dumped it all in a saucepan and let in cook! But this way really intensified the garlic flavor, and kept the zucchini from getting too mushy. I love it! Can't wait till this summer when I can pick the ingredients from my back yard. Thanks for sharing!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green bell peppers, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 small eggplants, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped (or 1 28 ounce can tomatoes, drained)
- 2 teaspoons thyme, dried
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot or skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Stir in peppers and cook another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remainder of the ingredients (zucchini - salt) and cook covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley.