Recipe by Susie T
Served with crusty bread or as a side-dish. Can be served over pasta also. A very versatile recipe that can be used to accompany grilled meats or topped over baked potatoes.
Top Review by Beezie11
This was very good, my husband is so picky when it comes to vegetables, but even he enjoyed this. Like the other cook, I too added chili flakes and mixed the green zucchini with the yellow squash. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 medium eggplants
- 4 zucchini, sliced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 can peeled tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut eggplants in halves lengthwise, cut the surface about 1 cm deep in a criss-cross pattern and sprinkle with salt.
- Turn cut side down and let drain for 1/2 hour.
- Wipe the eggplants and then cut into cubes.
- Heat the oil and cook the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the eggplant and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add capsicums, zucchini, peeled tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm and sprinkle with a little parmesan if liked.