Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat bottom and sides of a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Saute garlic until lightly browned.
- Mix in parsley and eggplant.
- Saute until eggplant is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Spread eggplant mixture evenly across bottom of prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with a few tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Spread zucchini in an even layer over top.
- Lightly salt and sprinkle with a little more cheese.
- Continue layering in this fashion, with onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, and tomatoes, covering each layer with a sprinkling of salt and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
This was amazing! I do prefer the baked version though it tastes very similar i like the presentation much more.
YUM! This was absolutely delicious. I swapped yellow squash for zucchini (because that's what I had) and left out the mushrooms. Everything else was fresh from my Consumer Supported Ag box! I fixed it in my clay covered baker (pchef) and put it on the grill--didn't want to heat the house up. Perfect! SO GOOD!! My husband suggested that some cut up italian sausage or chicken would be a good addition. I think it would be also. We try and eat vegetarian about 3 nights a week. This is a keeper.