Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great summertime dish when you have fresh vegetables available.
Make and share this Ratatouille recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped coarsely
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 2 medium zucchini, cubed
- 2 medium squash, cubed
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Saute the onion, bell pepper, and garlic in the olive oil until tender. Add the tomatoes and let simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the eggplant, zucchini, and squash, salt & pepper and cook until the eggplant is tender.
- Remove from heat and add black olives, oregano, and fresh basil. Can be served hot or cold.
Very good. Spread over bread and add grated goat cheese. Yummy!
YUM! Love it. Have tried it now several times, and my favorite part is my 8 yr old and 10 yr old dancing around the kitchen, turning over "Rrrrat a touille" on their tongues, excited to eat what smells SO good. We vary amounts depending on what we have, and have even used fresh tomatoes when we had an abundance. YUM YUM YUM
I printed out several recipes for ratatouille and ended up using this one. I omitted the eggplant (I don't really like it, and there wasn't enough room in the pot). I also substituted fresh tomatoes for the canned. I served it with some whole wheat rotini and was extremely pleased. Very tasty, I'll be using this recipe again!