Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Cutest Halloween cheese ball! Cheese ball shaped into mouse/rat for your cheese platters. You can use your favorite cheese ball recipe and go ahead and use almonds for ears or whatever you have on hand. Bloody Guts is a fun when you cut into the cheese you find a sweet spicy hot gooey center.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1⁄4 cup yogurt
- 1 serrano chili, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Mice Fur and Holes for cheese wedge
- 5 black olives, mashed
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup black beans, rinsed, drained well, mashed
- 1 dried shiitake mushroom (broken into pieces two for ears)
- 2 red peppercorns (for eyes)
- 17 bacon bits (for toes & nose)
- 10 dried rosemary sprigs (for whisker)
- hot pepper jelly, Hot As Hell Habanero Zucchini Jelly
- Cheese ball: Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Divide in half then from one half take a 1/4 cup and add the mice fur ingredients mixes in well.
- With the other 3/4`s mold into a mice shape.
- With the 1/2 of cheese mold into a wedge. With your finger press to form hole as in a Swiss cheese. Fill holes with the dark cheese mix. Smooth it flush.
- With the rest of the dark cheese, spread it over the mouse/rat body saving a little for the tail. You may need to dampen your hand slightly for the tail. Then using a fork create the fur starting at the tail end going up toward the head. Fur strokes are to be flowing back away from the head. Place the dried mushrooms on the head for ears, red peppercorns for the eyes, bacon bits for the toes and nose, and dried rosemary for the whiskers.
- Serve with pepper crackers and or Veggie sticks.
- Walla cute platter for your Halloween guests.
- Optional bloody center:.
- When molding the cheese add some cold jelly to the center and wrap the cheese around it to encase the jelly.
Way cool! You can do this with a meatloaf also.