Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
I created this as a change from the usual pineapple-clove ham. Ham and onions are drizzled with Jamaican Pickapeppa Sauce (a Worcestershire-like sauce with a tamarind tang that I love), brown sugar and allspice, then baked in a light orange juice and rum mixture. It's perfect with sweet potatoes, with some of the pan juices drizzled over them!
- 1 (2 lb) boneless pre-cooked smoked ham
- 5 slices onions
- 4 tablespoons jamaican Pickapeppa Sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 -3 teaspoons dark jamaican rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice ham 5 times; do not cut all the way through the bottom.
- Place an onion slice in each cut.
- Combine Pickapeppa Sauce, allspice, coriander and brown sugar; spoon into cuts in ham and drizzle some over whole ham.
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil; place ham in foil-lined pah.
- Combine orange juice and rum; carefully pour over ham.
- Cover ham with another piece of foil and seal to form a"packet".
- Cover roasting pan with lid and cook in a preheated 375 degree F oven for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Carefully open foil packet (watch out for steam!) and turn ham upside down so the top can absorb some of the orange juice-rum mixture, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve!