this is served in the store at Christmas as a customer thank-you, following my vague memories of other mulls.
- Slice the orange into large wedges, removing any seeds.
- Fill a crockpot or other 3 qt pot with apple juice and heat, reserving room for the fruit and spiced apple juice.
- Put the slices and the spices together into a small sauce pan, add enough apple juice to cover.
- Bring to the boil and then adjust to simmer.
- Simmer about 15 minutes.
- Add mulled juice to the larger pot, reduce temperature, and sip at leisure.
- (you may use a crockpot for the larger amount of juice, or do it all in a crockpot, although it will take longer).
Thank you so much for sharing your lovely recipe Karyl Lee. I really enjoyed this tasty apple treat. It was perfect for todays, cold, wet, fall day. I made the mull early in the morning and enjoyed it during the day. Wow, what a treat. The flavor and spicing were right on. I especially enjoyed the addition of the vanilla beans. Kudos on a drink that I will be making often this winter. :) Made for An Apple A Day/09