Recipe by CooksWithScissors
Delicious and moist raspberry cake from Better Homes & Garden's New Limited Edition cookbook.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ËšF. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray; set aside Thaw raspberries, if frozen, at room temperature for 15 minutes. Drain thawed berries.
- In a bowl combine 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and baking powder. Add melted butter, 1 egg, and 1 tsp of vanilla; stir until combined. Spread onto bottom of prepared pan; sprinkle with raspberries.
- In another bowl combine yogurt, the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 1 egg, 2 tbs flour, lemon zest, and remaining 1 tsp vanilla. Stir until smooth; pour over berries.
- Bake in a 350ËšF oven about 35 minutes, or until center appears set when shaken gently. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen and remove sides of pan; cool completely. Cover and chill 2-24 hours before serving.