Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
The yogurt helps make this moist cake especially tender. Great for brunch or tea. Bon Appetit, July 2008.
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange peel, finely grated
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 1⁄2 cups raspberries, fresh
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water (or more)
- Preheat over to 350.
- Butter 12 cup Bundt pan.
- Whisk 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt in medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy.
- Beat in orange juice, 1 teaspoon almond extract, and orange peel.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Mix in yogurt.
- Add dry ingredients to batter and beat just until blended.
- Toss 1/2 cup flour and raspberries in large bowl.
- Fold berry mixture into batter. Spoon batter into prepared pan, smooth top.
- Bake cake until wooden skewer inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Cool 30 minutes.