Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Was looking for low fat food one day, true! While flipping through magazines too, This one seemed just the one! Hope you make it and have fun!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (I Can't Believe it's not Butter, Flora, any healthy dairy spread will do)
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt (can substitute for any berry)
- 100 g frozen raspberries (can substitute) or 100 g fresh raspberries (can substitute)
- 80 g light cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh or store bought)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease a non-stick loaf pan; Use any method to grease; oil spray etc; line base AND sides with baking paper.
- Note: Make sure to leave extra so it will be easy to get out when fully baked.
- Beat together butter/dairy spread and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs, beating until combined.
- In bowl, transfer mixture above and stir in flour, yogurt and raspberries; pour mixture into loaf-pan.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour (maybe a little over by 5- 10 minutes).
- Remove and turn onto wire rack.
- Whisk together softened cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Spread frosting/Icing on top and-- enjoy!
This was easy to make and tastes great - finished icing it at 6pm and the family had eaten it all 20 minutes later and wanted more! Great taste with the frozen raspberries. Found it did not quite need that long to cook!
I am eating this tasty little treat as I am writing this review. Very nice. Easy, moist and lots of flavor. Best of all, it is low fat. I did use egg substitute for the 2 eggs, otherwise followed per directions. Note: I baked at 350 for only 50 minutes and it was definitely done. Thanks for posting this recipe.