Recipe by ForeverMama
Derives from Food Writer's Favorites Salads cookbook. Good salad for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Good for you and beautiful to look at.
- 1 (10 ounce) package raspberries, frozen in light syrup (thawed)
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 oranges, peeled, white pith removed, and sectioned
- 1 medium papaya, pared, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium banana, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree raspberries with syrup in food processor or blender. Strain; discard seeds.
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring raspberry puree to boiling.
- In a small bowl, combine cold water and cornstarch; add to boiling puree. Cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, 2 - 4 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Transfer to mixing bowl. Put in freezer for 15 minutes, or until cold but not frozen.
- In another bowl, combine orange sections, papaya, banana, blueberries, and strawberries.
- Whisk yogurt into chilled raspberry puree. Divide half the yogurt mixture among 4 bowls or goblets. Spoon fruit over yogurt mixture; top with remaining yogurt mixture.