Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Baked in a round, then cut and broiled on each side before serving. Served for breakfast, afternoon tea or a snack. You can top with butter or cream cheese or plain. Flavors are wonderful with milk, tea or coffee/ Easy to store or freeze. Reviewer used chambord rasberry liqueur instead of white wine. See review. Use either or try both.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
YUM! I substituted 1/2 cup Chambord raspberry liqueur instead of the wine and this was a delicious sweet raspberry-flavored bread - would be nice for breakfast or afternoon tea and no butter's necessary. This is great on its own! It baked perfectly in exactly 30 minutes.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 3 -4 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl add eggs, powdered sugar and cream cheese.
- Mix on low speed until smooth.
- Add milk and optional food coloring. Mix.
- Add flour mixture and mix in two separate additions.
- Slowly pour the wine in the batter while mixing.
- Preheat oven 375*.
- Spray Pam in a spring form pan.
- Pour and spoon the batter in the pan and spread evenly.
- Drop five dollops of rasberry jam on top of the batter.
- One dollop in the middle and four one each side.
- With a knife, cut straight down in the batter with four figure eights,.
- cutting through the dollops of jam.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- The bread is done when the middle springs back when gently pressed.
- Take out of oven and cool ten minutes.
- Release the spring form sides of the pan.
- Cut across the bread in one inch wide slices and in half.
- Place on a flat baking pan.
- Place the pan about four inches away from the broiler at 450*.
- Toast each side of the bread. About 3 to 4 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven and flip the bread slices at the same time.
- Serve with margarine or butter or plain.