Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
I love Dunkin Doughnuts raspberry white chocolate scones, but after having a stupid little fight with one of the workers there I just didn't feel right going in there and being served by him. Sooo, I just decided to put my cooking skills to the test and create my own scone recipe, and so, I did. There is always room for improvement, but I think this is a very good start for a perfect copycat recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Stir together the first 4 ingredients, then buttermilk.
- Fold in raspberries and white chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Turn out onto a well floured surface and pat down to about 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut into 12-14 triangles, place on lightly greased baking sheet, brush with egg white, and sprinkle with A LOT of sugar.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
This recipe made a batter rather than a dough. I had to pour it into muffin tins. While it did make tasty muffins, they were not the scones I had hoped for. I noticed most other scone recipes contain butter or shortening. Perhaps this is what it\'s missing?