Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
I love Dunkin Doughnuts raspberry white chocolate scones, but after having a stupid little fight with one of the workers there I just didn't feel right going in there and being served by him. Sooo, I just decided to put my cooking skills to the test and create my own scone recipe, and so, I did. There is always room for improvement, but I think this is a very good start for a perfect copycat recipe.
Top Review by Cathy Johns
This recipe made a batter rather than a dough. I had to pour it into muffin tins. While it did make tasty muffins, they were not the scones I had hoped for. I noticed most other scone recipes contain butter or shortening. Perhaps this is what it\'s missing?
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Stir together the first 4 ingredients, then buttermilk.
- Fold in raspberries and white chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Turn out onto a well floured surface and pat down to about 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut into 12-14 triangles, place on lightly greased baking sheet, brush with egg white, and sprinkle with A LOT of sugar.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.