Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Please don't let the title fool you! This is so incredibly easy to put together, and absolutely delicious!! Started with a recipe from a Cool Whip Cookbook, and modified just a little along the way. Cook time is actually time in the refrigerator. Enjoy!!
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 package raspberry flavor gelatin (8-serving size)
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup cold milk
- 1 package white chocolate instant pudding (4 serving size)
- 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs (Finely crushed)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Spray 9" round cake pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- For Crust:.
- Mix wafer crumbs, butter and sugar with a fork until well blended.
- Set aside.
- For Mousse:.
- Stir boiling water into gelatin in a large bowl for 2 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups gelatin into prepared cake pan. Refrigerate 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until gelatin is set but not firm. (Sticks to finger when lightly touched).
- Reserve remaining gelatin at room temperature.
- Pour milk into reserved gelatin.
- Add pudding mix.
- Beat with wire whisk for 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping.
- Spoon over prepared gelatin.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over the pudding to form crust, patting lightly to help crumbs adhere.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- To Serve:.
- Dip bottom of cake pan in warm water for about 15 seconds.
- Place serving plate on top of mold.
- Gently shake pan to loosen gelatin.
- Gently remove mold, center mousse on plate, garnish with additional whipped topping and fresh raspberries if desired.