Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
This is an excellent cheesecake and I love the crust. I use Lorna Doone cookies! It is worth the work!
- 1 cup crushed shortbread cookie (about 3 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons toasted almonds, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) package white chocolate, baking bars melted and cooled
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (10 ounce) jar seedless red raspberry jam
- 1 cup fresh red raspberries or 1 cup frozen loose-pack lightly frozen sweetened raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- For crust:.
- Combine crushed cookies and chopped almonds in a small mixing bowl;.
- Stir in melted butter or margarine.
- Press mixture evenly onto bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Set pan aside.
- For filling:.
- Beat cream cheese and melted baking chocolate in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until combined.
- Add sugar, beating mixture until smooth.
- Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla; beat on low speed until just combined. DO NOT OVERBEAT.
- Pour filling into crust-lined pan.
- Place pan on a shallow baking pan in the oven.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken. (This cheesecake puffs during baking then settles as it cooks); DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- Remove springform pan from baking pan and cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Use a small metal spatula to loosen the sides of pan and cool for another hour.
- Cover and chill for an additional 4 hours.
- For sauce:.
- Melt preserves in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add berries.
- Heat gently just until sauce simmers; cool.
- To serve:.
- Cut cheesecake into wedges and drizzle some of the sauce over and around each serving.
- TIP: to toast almonds, place almonds in a non-stick pan and stir over medium-high heat until they start to brown. I add a tad of butter to assist with the browning process.