1/1 Photo of Raspberry White Chocolate Cake
1 hr 15 mins
Sephardi Kitchen's Note:
Even if you aren't a fan of white chocolate, give this a try! The tartness of the raspberries balances out the sweetness of the white chocolate nicely in this classic combination. Made for Valentine's Day 2010.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips (doesn't need to be precise, just about 1/2 a bag- you'll need the other half for the frosting)
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam (approximate)
- 1Place the first 6 oz of white chocolate into a bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir. Microwave for one more minute, and stir again until completely melted. Let it cool for a few minutes.
- 2Combine the cake mix, eggs, lemon juice, water and oil. Mix well for several minutes. Whisk in the melted white chocolate.
- 3Grease and flour 2 round 8-inch cake pans. Add the batter. Bake for 28-32 minutes at 350 degrees, or until golden brown/fragrant and a toothpick comes out clean.
- 4Allow the cakes to cool in the pans for about 10 minutes. Then turn out onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
- 5For the frosting: Melt the remaining 6 oz chocolate chips as in step 1.
- 6Cream the butter and neufchatel cheese together until fluffy. Slowly add the powdered sugar (NOTE: make sure it is well sifted, or there will be lumps!) and mix well until combined.
- 7Whisk in the white chocolate, the pinch of salt and the lemon juice. Check the consistency, beat in more butter or powdered sugar if needed. Note: the frosting will solidify slightly once refrigerated.
- 8Evenly spread the top of one of the cooled cakes with the raspberry jam.
- 9Place the second cake on top. Using a spatula or frosting knife, spread the frosting evenly over the top and sides of the cake. Decorate with leftover frosting, if desired.
- 10Garnish with the fresh raspberries, and keep refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry White Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 776.2
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 73.3 mg
- Sodium 535.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 92.6 g
- Protein 8.6 g