Recipe by noway
Posted for ZWT6: Great Britain. Adapted from Bon Appetit. Prep time does not include chill time of 5 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 3 1⁄2 cups chilled heavy whipping cream, divided use
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 7 ounces french-style ladyfinger cookies, divided use
- 1 cup raspberry jam, melted, divided use
- 1.5 (12 ounce) packages frozen unsweetened raspberries, partially thawed, divided use
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 1 cup whipping cream to simmer in medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat and add white chocolate. Whisk until smooth.
- Cool to barely lukewarm, about 10 minutes.
- Beat 2 1/2 cups cream and 1/2 teaspoon extract in large bowl to soft peaks.
- Fold in white chocolate mixture.
- Stir sugar and 1/2 cup water in small saucepan over medium heat until sugar melts. Mix in 3/4 teaspoon extract and from heat.
- Quickly submerge 1 cookie in syrup; shake excess back into pan. Place dipped cookie in bottom of 14-cup trifle dish. Repeat with enough cookies to cover bottom of dish.
- Spread 1/3 of melted jam over biscuits in dish. Top with 1/3 of partially thawed berries with juices. Spread 1/3 of whipped chocolate cream over.
- Repeat layering with dipped biscuits, melted jam, partially thawed berries, and whipped chocolate cream 2 more times.
- Mound fresh berries in center of trifle. Sprinkle almonds around edge.
- Cover and chill at least 5 hours and up to 24 hours.