Recipe by AbbaGav
A salad I find I like, with its own dressing so I can have it even when local stores don't stock it for me.
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 head lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnut oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the lettuce into a serving bowl. Add the chopped yellow pepper, raisins and pecans. Toss to mix.
- Mix the dressing ingredients well, until the oil and vinegar blend and the jam is broken down and evenly distributed. Adjust salt and pepper by taste.
- Add as much dressing as you like, either to the serving bowl, or to each individual serving. The longer you can wait to dress it, the longer the lettuce will last, especially if you hope to use any as leftovers (in that case, keep the mixed salad separate and only dress each portion when ready to eat).