This is good during the winter, to bring memories of summertime berry harvests. Sauce recipe follows in directions.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, confectioners’ sugar and butter; blend well.
- Press mixture into bottom of 9-inch x 9-inch pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool.
- Drain raspberries (reserve liquid for sauce). Spoon berries over cooled crust; sprinkle with walnuts.
- Beat eggs with sugar in a small bowl until light and fluffy. Add salt, 1/4 cup flour, baking powder, and vanilla; blend well. Pour over walnuts.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into squares. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream and sauce.
- TO MAKE SAUCE:.
- Combine reserved berry juice with 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch, in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and clear. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice.