Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great bar cookie. I have been making this since I was in high school (can you say that 70's show) and it always comes out great. I know my mom gave me the recipe but I have no idea where it came from. To be honest it probably came from the newspaper she was always clipping recipes. You are gonna love these & the nice thing is you can change the flavor by changing the jam, we also use apricot.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter (real butter no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam (your choice of seeds or not)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1.To make the crust: In a medium bowl, combine flour and sugar, cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Press mixture on bottom of a greased 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 18-20 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown, take out of the oven & cool slightly, while preparing the topping.
- 2.In a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until well mixed-1 to 2 minutes. Stir in 3 tablespoons flour and salt until well mixed. Stir in walnuts.
- 3. Next spread the jam over the bottom crust and sprinkle the topping over the jam trying to cover as much as possible, you may have to pat it down gently.
- 4. Put pan back in the oven and continue baking 20-24 minutes or until golden brown and filling is set.
- 5. Cool Completely and cut into bars.
- The cooking time will vary as oven do so watch until the top turns golden brown.