Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe from Taste of Home April/May 2003 edition. Posted for 2005 Zaar World Tour.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- In a bowl, combine 1 1/4 cups flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Place on a wire rack.
- Spread jam over hot crust.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Combine baking soda and remaining flour (2 tbls) stir into the egg mixture just until combined. Fold in walnuts. Spoon over jam; spread evenly.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Cool completely on wire rack before cutting.
I made these for Christmas, and they were OUTSTANDING!!! I am actually on recipezaar right now so that I can print the recipe for many members of my family!
Wow! Even with my mediocre skills, this is truly bakery quality! Flavors that meet up beautifully, just right on sweetness, a crust that holds together but isn't tough & the occasional walnut crunch - perfect! Your low end cook time was right on the mark in my convection oven. This will definitely become a regular sweet treat for me! Thanks!