1/2 Photos of Raspberry Vinegar
576 hrs 10 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
Make this for a gift or for yourself. I've also added the herb version on the bottom of this recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium saucepan, combine vinegar and sugar; bring almost to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves (DO NOT LET BOIL). Place the raspberries - 1 cup each - in 2 x 1 quart bottles. Next, pour the hot vinegar over it. Seal the bottles and shake slightly.
- 2Let stand at room temperature for 48 hours.
- 3Strain through several layers of cheese cloth into a clean jar.
- 4Seal tightly and store for 2 to 3 weeks in cool dark place; do not refrigerate. Then pour into pretty decanters or glass bottles.
- 5Great on fruit salads, green salads and to give as a gift.
- 6To make herb dressing, replace the raspberries with your favorite fresh herbs and omit the sugar, following the same directions.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.4
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 55.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar