Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Lite, airy raspberry vinaigrette...sweet, sour,spicy all at the same time...
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poppy seed
- Reduce apple juice with the lemon juice in a sauce pan until it reaches the consistency of syrup.
- Add frozen raspberries and rum and continue cooking until the raspberries melt and the alcohol in the rum evaporates.
- In a strainer (or coffee filter) separate the solid ingredients from the liquid ingredients (the solid ingredients can be thrown away).
- In a cocktail shaker take the strained raspberry mixture, the vinegar and oil and shake until well mixed. Finally add the poppy seeds to the mixture and then serve over a bed of fresh spinach and feta cheese.