1/2 Photos of Raspberry Vinaigrette
Update 9/16/2006 - I adopted this from the Recipezaar account. I'm not positive as to the original poster but I'm guessing this to be one of the esteemed Mean Chef's recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1depending on the sweetness of the raspberries (frozen tend to be sweeter than fresh) you may need to adjust the amount of sugar to taste.
- 2In a one quart saucepan, combine vinegar, raspberries and shallot.
- 3Crush raspberries with a fork.
- 4Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- 5Cook for 5 mins or until mixture is reduced to approx 1/2 a cup.
- 6Strain mixture through a sieve into a blender.
- 7Process until smooth.
- 8Allow to cool.
- 9Add honey, sugar, lemon juice, mustard, dried thyme, salt, black pepper and water.
- 10Blend until smooth.
- 11Scrape down sides with a spatula and blend briefly to ensure that everything is well mixed.
- 12While blender is running, slowly drizzle half the canola oil in a steady stream.
- 13Stop the blender and scrape down the sides again.
- 14Turn the blender back on and slowly drizzle the remaining oil inches.
- 15Process until emulsified.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1681.5
- Calories from Fat 1480
- Total Fat 164.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 975.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 42.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g