Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
"This easy, no-cook "summer porridge" has make-ahead convenience and is packed with nutrition to get your day off to a healthy start. Make it in individual mason jars for a perfect serving size and an easy grab-and-go breakfast straight from the fridge (it's eaten cold). Take it along to work or anywhere. Great to serve on a breakfast or brunch buffet. High in protein, calcium & fiber; low in fat & sugar." -- http://www.theyummylife.com/recipes/224/Raspberry+Vanilla+Refrigerator+Oatmeal Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 6 points
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried chia seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jam
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup raspberries (cut each berry in half)
- In a half pint (1 cup) jar, add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, and raspberry jam. Put lid on jar and shake until well combined. Remove lid, add raspberries and stir until mixed throughout. Return lid to jar and refrigerate overnight or as long as 2-3 days. Eat chilled.
Yum! I love this. Great for when you want to be healthy but you also want to get out the door in the morning. I like it to be a bit thicker so I actually use 1/4 cup milk and 1/3 cup oatmeal. I also prefer warm breakfasts so I throw it in the microwave for 1 minute in the morning. So good!!
I made the cooked version of this with raspberries and blackberries, and both were good. I also tried it one way with lemon curd instead of jam and that was super. I doubled the oatmeal portion for one person.
Added chia seeds and I loved, but the g'babes thought okay. Love isn't always on time.