Recipe by Dib's
Fast, easy and oh so rich tasting-enjoy!
Top Review by Roosie
I haven't tasted these yet, but they smell great and I'm sure they *taste* great, but they just didn't seem to rise to the occasion. They look rather flat rather than having the characteristic dome-tops of muffins and are a little dense, it seems. I don't know enough about kitchen chemistry, but I am looking at my Baker's Dozen cookbook and it recommends 1tsp baking powder for every cup of flour (unless there are heavy ingredients like chocolate chips, raisins, fruit etc. (and I would consider the raspberries to be in this catagory) wherein it suggests you use 1.5tsp for every cup of flour.) Also, it reccommends that you use 1/4tsp baking soda per cup of flour or up to 1/2tsp per cup of flour if you have the afore mentioned heavy ingredients. That was really the only problem, and as I said before I'm sure they taste wonderful- they're just looking a little more like cookies than muffins, almost. I used almond extract, not hazelnut but I figured that the extract amounts being Tablespoons was a typo because 2TBS total of extracts seems like a WHOLE LOT. I also used frozen, partially thawed raspberries rather than fresh.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container vanilla yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pure hazelnut extract or 1⁄2 tablespoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup toasted finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh red raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12 count muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar together and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the yogurt, eggs, extract's, oil and milk.
- Whisk well.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring constantly until well incorporated.
- Fold in Raspberries.
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full and bake for 25 minutes, or until set and golden brown.