Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I haven't tried this yet, but plan to while berry season is here. Looks interesting but I have no idea how it will turn out. From Life's Little Berry Cookbook.
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups whipping cream
- fresh raspberry
- whipped cream
- Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions.
- Evenly divide the batter between the two cake pans.
- Sprinkle the berries evenly over the batter.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the berries.
- Pour the whipping cream on top.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour.
- Immediately after taking out of the oven, invert onto serving platters.
- Garnish with berries and whipped cream.