Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a nice treat after dinner on a nice summer day. Served with a light vanilla custard, it puts a smile on everyone.
- 6 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups fresh berries (or thawed)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat eggs, sugar, melted butter in a large bowl.
- Whisk together milk and lemon juice and add to bowl.
- Sift together flour and baking powder and add to wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl place the berries and about 1-1 3/4 C sugar, mix then place in a well greased (buttered) 9x13-inch pan.
- Pour batter on top of berries.
- Bake for 40 min - 1 hours.
- Let stand until lukewarm, then invert into tray.
- As for the custard, I just buy the vanilla custard powder and once prepared I spoon it over the individual pieces.