Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
It can cheer up anyone!!!
Top Review by Phil the kiwi
Delicious cake that was loved by everyone in this house. I would have given this 5 stars except all my raspberries stuck to the pan and I ended up with big holes in the top. Next time I make it I will smear a thin layer of the mix (prior to adding raspberries) and then drop raspberries into the mix so they have a barrier between them and the pan. I did use a bundt pan otherwise I'd have just used baking paper.
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a 9" square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread half the raspberries along the bottom of the pan.
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs, flour, lemon juice, vanilla essence, baking powder, salt and milk.
- Mix well.
- Fold in the other half of the raspberries.
- Pour over raspberries in the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 deg F.
- Allow to cool.
- Invert cake on a platter.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Slice and serve!