Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
It can cheer up anyone!!!
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- powdered sugar
- Coat a 9" square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread half the raspberries along the bottom of the pan.
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs, flour, lemon juice, vanilla essence, baking powder, salt and milk.
- Mix well.
- Fold in the other half of the raspberries.
- Pour over raspberries in the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 deg F.
- Allow to cool.
- Invert cake on a platter.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Slice and serve!
Delicious cake that was loved by everyone in this house. I would have given this 5 stars except all my raspberries stuck to the pan and I ended up with big holes in the top. Next time I make it I will smear a thin layer of the mix (prior to adding raspberries) and then drop raspberries into the mix so they have a barrier between them and the pan. I did use a bundt pan otherwise I'd have just used baking paper.
I found this recipe, and my oldest sister made it for (one of) my little sister's birthday, who requested a "raspberry cake". I made a vanilla glaze and poured it in streams on top. It was Delicious! (The fresh raspberries made it especially good) Thank You!
This cake was so yummy! We went raspberry picking and I was looking for a recipe that uses fresh berries. This cake was a hit!