Prep 16 mins
Cook 14 mins
The grocery I use stopped carrying these cookies that my husband just loves. This is my attempt to replicate them.
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup cold margarine
- 3 ounces cold cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift the dry ingredients together (I used a dried orange peel, so it was sifted with my other dry ingredients).
- Using a pastry blender, cut the margarine and cream cheese into the dry ingredients (like a pie crust).
- Sprinkle the milk onto this mixture, mix and gather into a ball.
- On a lightly a floured surface, roll to 1/8" thickness.
- Use a 2" or 3" cutter to make 16-18 rounds.
- Spoon 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons jelly onto the center of each round (don't use too much or it will "bleed out" when baking).
- Fold the cookie over and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 12-14 minutes (oven time may be less-- I used a toaster oven).
These are great. Rolling stuff out sucks but I make the effort every Christmas! My families favourite!