Recipe by Olha
This is an easy but elegant recipe--to give to relatives and friends. The aroma of the chocolate and raspberry is heavenly when you're making these truffles
- 1 tablespoon butter (no substitutes)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 1⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 7 1⁄2 teaspoons seedless raspberry jam
- 6 ounces white candy coating or 6 ounces dark chocolate confectionary coating
- 2 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, combine butter, cream and chocolate chips.
- Cook over low heat for 4-5 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in jam until combined.
- Transfer to a small freezer container; cover and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Roll into balls; freeze until very firm.
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt candy coating and shortening, stirring often.
- Cool slightly; spoon over balls.
- Place on a wire rack over waxed paper.
- Let stand for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Yied: 4 dozen.