Prep 50 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rich, rich rich raspberry brownies
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening, such as crisco
- Melt chocolate with butter.
- Beat eggs and sugar.
- Add chocolate and water.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Bake in a well greased and floured 8" square pan at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Partially cool.
- Make topping.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Add jam and beat again.
- Beat in melted chocolate chips.
- Spread on top of somewhat cooled brownies.
- If you let the brownies cool for a long time the layers will separate.
- Make glaze.
- Melt chocolate chips with shortening.
- Drizzle over the cream cheese layer.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- Can be partially frozen for easier cutting.
These are incredibley sweet and rich. An 8" pan does yield 25 servings. Extream over the top. For serious chocolate lovers only.