Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this on foodnetwork.com but nobody claimed ownership of the recipe. It is easy and can be completed very quickly. So for last minute company or whatever - you can have a very tasty and lovely dish. We made it for a residents' family - they were celebrating her 99th birthday and they had already had a big cake & party the day before - so we made them a little something, just for the family. Update: 04/23/2009 - forgot to mention that any berry would be great! I made it with strawberry jam & a starwberry fan as my garnish! Wonderful! :)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum (I used Barbancourt) or 3⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 (12 ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into quarter-size cubes
- 3 (4 ounce) refrigerated prepared vanilla pudding
- fresh raspberry, ganish
- chopped slivered almonds, garnish
- Heat butter in large glass microwave on high until melted, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in confectioner's sugar, rum or um extract and water, stirring to form a smooth sauce.
- Heat jam in a small glass bowl in microwave on high until just melted, about 30 seconds.
- In 6 small bowls or wineglasses, evenly distribute pound cake cubes.
- Pack cubes down slightly.
- Drizzle rum sauce and jam evenly over each.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of pudding evenly over each.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with raspberries, chopped almonds & sprigs of mint; all optional.