Recipe by Manami
Found this on foodnetwork.com but nobody claimed ownership of the recipe. It is easy and can be completed very quickly. So for last minute company or whatever - you can have a very tasty and lovely dish. We made it for a residents' family - they were celebrating her 99th birthday and they had already had a big cake & party the day before - so we made them a little something, just for the family. Update: 04/23/2009 - forgot to mention that any berry would be great! I made it with strawberry jam & a starwberry fan as my garnish! Wonderful! :)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum (I used Barbancourt) or 3⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 (12 ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into quarter-size cubes
- 3 (4 ounce) refrigerated prepared vanilla pudding
- fresh raspberry, ganish
- chopped slivered almonds, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in large glass microwave on high until melted, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk in confectioner's sugar, rum or um extract and water, stirring to form a smooth sauce.
- Heat jam in a small glass bowl in microwave on high until just melted, about 30 seconds.
- In 6 small bowls or wineglasses, evenly distribute pound cake cubes.
- Pack cubes down slightly.
- Drizzle rum sauce and jam evenly over each.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of pudding evenly over each.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with raspberries, chopped almonds & sprigs of mint; all optional.