Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A really easy to assemble dessert that is the prettiest shade of pink. The recipe asks for a spring-form pan, but I made this in a lovely footed glass bowl which looked great. We don't much like white chocolate so would use dark next time.
- 300 g frozen raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 250 g jelly sponge rolls
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 tablespoon water (extra)
- 250 g mascarpone
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam (I used St Dalfour Raspberry!)
- white chocolate, shaved, to decorate
- Grease a 20cm springform pan. Line base and side with baking paper extending it 2 cm above edge of pan.
- Combine the raspberries, sugar and 1/4 cup of water in a pan. Stir over a low heat until the sugar is dissolved, then bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and refrigerate until cool. Set aside 1/4 cup of syrup to spoon over roll slices (top and bottom).
- Cut each jam roll into five even pieces then arrange half the slices over the base of the pan. Spoon half the reserved syrup over.
- Sprinkle gelatine over extra water in a heatproof jug. Stand jug in pan of simmering water and stir over heat until dissolved. Remove and cool to room temperature.
- Beat mascarpone in a large bowl until smooth. Add raspberry mixture and gelatine mixture.
- Combine cream and icing sugar in a bowl. Beat with elecric mixture until soft peaks form. Fold cream into mascarpone mixture until combined.
- Spoon mascarpone mixture over roll slices, smooth surface then arrange remaining slices over filling. Spoon remaining reserved syrup over them.
- Cover and refrigerate over night or until the filling is set.
- Transfer to a plate, brush top with jam and decorate with shaved white chocolate.
This is soooo good! I used my glass footed trifle bowl for this and it looked so pretty. I liked that it wasnt too sweet. This was the favoured dish by all. (My husband had 4 helpings!!) This was one of my favourite recipes for 2008. Thanks Jan!