Prep 1 hr
Cook 4 hrs
Simply delish! Cook time is cool time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese or 2 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) packageprepared poundcake
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl , cream together cream cheese, lemon juice,vanilla & 1/2 cup sugar.
- Fold in 2 cups of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Reserve remaining whipped cream.
- Slice pound cake into 18 1/2 inch slices.
- Drain raspberries, reserving the juice.
- Line the bottom of a 3 quart glass, or trifle bowl, with 1/3 of the cake slices.
- Drizzle with some raspberry juice.
- Spread 1/4 of cream cheese mixture over cake.
- Sift 1/4 of cocoa over that.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the raspberries.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Top with remaining cream cheese mixture,whipped cream & sifted cocoa.
- Cover & refrgerate 4 hours before serving.
- Serves 18.