Recipe by cookalot #2
Recipe from St. Amant Cookbook. Submitted by the then Premier of Manitoba, Gary Filmon. This is a delicious dessert, and very pretty with a layer of red. I'm not sure on the size of the box of frozen raspberries I use, so I just put down frozen raspberries. The jello is the small box.
- 1 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (85 g) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (14 ounce) box frozen raspberries
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- mix jello and boiling water and juice.
- Chill until wobbly.
- cream cheese and icing sugar vanilla and salt.
- whip whipping cream.
- fold into cheese mixture.
- Layer graham crust, jello layer, then cream cheese, whipping cream mixture
- Sprinkle with graham crumbs.