Recipe by out of here
***** I would pick raspberries every August in Michigan & freeze some of them so I could have this Torte for my daughter's birthday in December. It reminds me of the woods to this day. And 30 years later, it is still our favorite dessert.
- 2 1⁄4-2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup melted oleo
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, reserve ½ pkg.
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted oleo.
- Put in greased 13x9 inch pan.
- Beat 2 eggs with sugar with mixer until well blended.
- Add two more eggs and cream cheese and beat well.
- Pour on top of crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- While this is cooling combine water, corn starch, sugar, and raspberries in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Cook until thickened.
- Cool and add half package of reserved raspberries.
- Pour over cooled filling and refrigerate covered.
- Top with Reddi-Wip when serving.