Recipe by cookiedog
This can be served as a pastry or bar cookie. It is very elegant and easy to prepare.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour, salt, butter, sugar, and egg together in a food processor or by hand. Press 2/3 of the dough onto a cookie sheet. Cover with raspberry jam.
- Use the remaining dough to roll into pencil strips and form a lattice top. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool and cut into squares for pastries or into 1 x 2 1/2-inch bar cookies.
- This keeps well in the refrigerator for up to a week.