Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted by request. I haven't made the sauce but it was in my recipe files because the addition of maple syrup sounded delicious!
- 1 (12 ounce) packagelightly sweetened frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- Drain defrosted raspberries- reserving liquid.
- Add water to the liquid, if needed to measure 1/2 cup.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch, add berry liquid and maple syrup.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens, boil 1 minute.
- Stir in raspberries and cool to room temperature before serving.
Wonderful sauce !! I made if for a New York Cheesecake, and used the leftovers spooned over vanilla icecream. Thanks for posting Lorac. :)
I really liked this recipe. I cut the recipe in half, but added more frozen raspberries than it called for when cut in half. (About 8-12 oz.) I also squeezed a fresh lemon into the sauce after it was finished. It gave it a nice zing as raspberries have more of a sour flavor than sweet. I would even add a touch less of sugar next time too because the maple syrup works great! I will definitely make this again!
We loved this topping! I made it to go with a cheese cake factory cheesecake copycat recipe and it was an amazing combination. Thanks so much! I will be making this one again for sure!