Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tender butter cookie filled with poppy seed and topped with raspberry preserves.
- 1 cup sweet butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves or 1⁄2 cup your favorite flavor preserves
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large mixer bowl combine butter, sugar, egg, flour and poppy seed. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. Flatten cookies to 1/4 inch thickness with bottom of buttered glass dipped in sugar. Make small indentation in center of each cookie; fill with about 1/2 teaspoon preserves.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
- Classic Cookies, Baking & More.