Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I saw this on Pioneer Woman. I am counting cooling time and refrigerator tune as cooking time. this recipe uses cooked egg yolks
- In a double boiler, bring water to boil, reduce to simmer.
- place egg yolk in a mixing bowl and add 1/4 cup o sugar.
- whisk until egg yolk turn pale yellow.
- place mixing bowl on to the simmering water, do not place bottom of bowl, pan on top of water, make sure there is space between the water and the bottom of the bowl/pan.
- slowly add 1/2 cup of Marsala wine and whisk to combine.
- cook over simmering water, using a spatula to scrape the bowl
- cook until thick.
- cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cool.
- place mascarpone cheese in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- in another mixing bowl combine whipping cream, and remaining 4 tablespoons of sugar.
- whip until soft peaks form.
- to the bowl of whipping cream add the softened mascarpone cheese and the egg yolk mixture.
- fold the mixture gently
- refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- add the remaining 1/4 cup Marsala wine and vanilla to the brewed espresso coffee.
- Arrange ladyfingers in a single layer in a trifle dish or 9 by 13 inch pan.
- spoon about 1 tablespoon of espresso mixture over each ladyfinger.
- plop 1/3 of cold of the cold mascarpone mixture on the layer of soaked ladyfingers.
- spread over ladyfingers.
- scatter with raspberries
- grate with a thin layer of semisweet chocolate.
- repeat process two more times.
- cover and refrigerate a few hours before serving.
- This Tiramisu does not last beyone 24 to 36 hours as it breaks down and becomes soupy.