Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is one of my favorite Christmas cookie recipes. They look great and taste even better. I always get compliments on them and requests for the recipe. It's surprising how easy they are.
Top Review by Mrs. Hughes
I love these cookies! These are so easy to make and they are delicious. I used cherry preserves instead of raspberry jam, and I did not use the vanilla baking chips. I'm sure these would work with any flavor jam or preserves. I will most definately add this recipe to my cookie list. Thanks so much for posting it!!
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packagebetty crocker sugar cookie mix (Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam (or any flavor you prefer)
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Mix together cookie mix, butter, egg and flour until dough forms.
- Shape dough into balls using medium cookie scoop.
- Place 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Using thumb or handle of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each cookie.
- Spoon about 1/4 teaspoon jam into each indentation.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Microwave baking chips on High 1 to 2 minutes or until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Spoon melted chips into small resealable plastic bag; cut small hole in corner of bag. Squeeze bag gently to drizzle melted chips over cookies.