1/5 Photos of Raspberry Thumbprint Butter Cookies
These are quite similar to a shortbread --- for the holidays place a candied red or green cherry in the middle of each cookie in place of the jelly or jam.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1set oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Lightly grease a cookie/baking sheet.
- 3In a large bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed beat the butter with vanilla and almond extract (if using) until fluffy.
- 4In a bowl combine the confectioners sugar with cornstarch and flour; add to the creamed mixture and beat until smooth and combined.
- 5Using hands shape into 24 round balls, then place on cookie sheet about 2-inches apart.
- 6Push down slightly using the palm of your hand then make a small indent in the middle of each cookie.
- 7Spoon about 1 teaspoon jelly or jam into the hole.
- 8Bake for about 8-10 minutes (watch closely that the edges do not brown too much).
- 9Cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Thumbprint Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.5
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 56.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 0.9 g