Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A delicious combination of shortbread and raspberries - found on Open Source Food posted by Erin Devers
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 ounces chocolate, melted
- Crust Directions:.
- Blend ingredients to make a soft dough.
- Pat into a 9 or 10 inch tart or pie pan. Prick crust well with fork.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Filling Directions:.
- Beat the cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, and sugar in a large bowl until smooth.
- Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Pour cheese mixture over the crust in the pan.
- Place the springform pan in in a large roasting pan. (do a bain marie).
- Bake until the center of the tart moves slightly when the pan is shaken, about 1 hour 5 minutes ( cake will become firm when it is cold).
- Place berries in circular arrangement on top of filling.
- Transfer the cake to a rack, cool for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate until the tart is cold, at least 8 hours.
- Drizzle chocolate over top of tart for a decorative finish.