Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 21 mins
This seasonal dessert is great! I made it for my parents and it went down well, it's fab for summer as it's light and fruity.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Roll out pastry (3mm thick) and transfer to a pie dish - make sure you press in the edges as the pastry can shrink if not done correctly. Then prick the pastry base with a fork and line with foil or baking parchment and baking balls (recommended).
- For the filling - beat the egg yolks and sugar till thick and creamy. gradually stir in the flour with a metal spoon.
- In a pan, bring the milk and salt to the boil, then remove from the heat. Whisk in the egg mixture,k return to the pan and continue whisking over a medium heat until bubbling. Cook for three minutes to thicken. Transfer immediately to a bowl and add the vanilla essence and stir to blend.
- Bake the pastry for 15 minutes. when golden, take off foil/parchment & balls and bake for a further 6-8 minutes. leave to cool.
- Spread an even layer of custard filling into the pastry base and arrange the raspberries on top.
- Melt the jelly and orange juice in a pan and brush on top to glaze.