Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had this salad at a luncheon and could not get enough of it. It seemed to satisfy every taste, sweet, spicy, crunchy, and tangy. It makes a lot, test the amount of dressing you like on it. Don't be afraid of the ingredient list. You can put whatever fruits and lettuces you like in it.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups tarragon vinegar
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 lb grapes
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupes
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 lb grilled chicken breast
- Blend sugar, salt, tarragon, pepper, Tabasco and vinegar in blender.
- With blender running, slowly add oil.
- Blend until well incorporated.
- Add jam and blend to mix.
- Cut chicken into 1-iinch cubes.
- Toss chicken with lettuce and fruit.
- Toss dressing with salad just before serving.
- Toast almonds and sprinkle on top of salad.