Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe given to me by my 11 year old step-daughter. She entered this as a 4-H project and received rave reviews. It is a nice refreshing salad
- 946.36 ml water
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml pearl tapioca
- 85.04 g package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 226.79 g Cool Whip
- 283.49 g bag frozen raspberries
- Bring water, sugar, and tapioca to a boil, stirring often until the tapioca is clear.
- Remove from heat and add the package of jello.
- Cool to set until consistency is like jelly.
- Add cool whip and frozen raspberries.
- Stir well and refrigerate.
I used instant tapioca, we can't get pearl tapioca here.I used 3 1/2 cups water, 2 pkgs splenda, 1 pkg sugar free rasberry gelatin,I folded in the cool whip and rasberries, swirled effect. A hit!Super taste, refreshing and cool.
My kids gobbled this up in no time flat! I used pearl tapioca and cooked it too long waiting for it to become clear so my dish was a bit "gummy" but my kids didn't mind one bit - will make again without overcooking and I'm sure they will inhale it. Fun dish and different too.
Very tasty. Easy recipe and just a bit different take on the same old jello salad. This one will be on my Thanksgiving table.