Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Tastes great served warm on pancakes, waffles and bread pudding
- 1 cup strained raspberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Mix cornstarch, sugar, lemon juice, rind and cold water to make a smooth paste.
- Stir strained raspberries into paste gradually until smooth.
- Heat in saucepan until mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 1 Tbsp butter if desired.
- Serve warm.
This was yummy!!!I made it to use up some left over fruit as I'm not normally keen on raspberries, just eating it over some ice cream now. I added slightly more water than stated since I didn't quite have enough for one cup once strained but it turned out fine! Will make again...much healthier than those bottled sauces for kids.