Recipe by Bluenoser
Tastes great served warm on pancakes, waffles and bread pudding
Top Review by Greedy Mum
This was yummy!!!I made it to use up some left over fruit as I'm not normally keen on raspberries, just eating it over some ice cream now. I added slightly more water than stated since I didn't quite have enough for one cup once strained but it turned out fine! Will make again...much healthier than those bottled sauces for kids.
- 1 cup strained raspberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cornstarch, sugar, lemon juice, rind and cold water to make a smooth paste.
- Stir strained raspberries into paste gradually until smooth.
- Heat in saucepan until mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 1 Tbsp butter if desired.
- Serve warm.